How Can You Import Sarees From India For Your Store Or Boutique?
So if anyone tells you that you can start your own saree business with low investment and all. It is all not correct. For any business you need time, efforts and of course investment.
Investing money is very very crucial decision. If you invest wrongly, you will not get results as much you should get.
If you are thinking to import saris from India is the best thing you can do for your textile business.
Digitalization has changed the world. Internet technology has played a wide role in connecting any part of the world. It was quite difficult prior to 1990s.
Various countries are importing Indian sarees in good quantity. There is no prohibition on importing sarees from India.
India has good relation with USA, UK, Europe, Australia, Gulf countries and almost all major part of the world.
Also, there are lot of Indian population residing globally.
Firstly, you need to follow some formalities of your country government and It depends on where you’re located at.
- Get your business registered. It’s the first thing you should do to avoid future troubles. Get an import - export license from your country government.
- An import license is a document issued by a national government authorizing the importation of certain goods into its territory. Import licenses are considered to be non-tariff barriers to trade when used as a way to discriminate against another country's goods in order to protect a domestic industry from foreign competition.Each license specifies the volume of imports allowed, and the total volume allowed should not exceed the quota. (Reference :- wikipedia)
- You will need to decide the range and pattern demand around you. Find some good quality products because when you’re starting out, you need repeat customers. You want people to talk about how your products. So, focus on finding quality suppliers that can give you good products.
- Find a good saree exporter or saree dealer from India. Try to import small quantity initially. Then gradually increase the quantity in next orders. This will give you time to understand the exporter's service and customer support nature.
- Understand the export and import policies of the saree exporter with whom you are dealing with.
- Contact the port authority to understand the other documentation procedures your country requires.
There are number of saree exporter in India. Also, every state of India, produces variety of sarees. The South Indian sarees are different than North Indian sarees so decide what kind of sarees are suitable for your audience.
We at LKFABKART, are also well known saree exporter from Surat, Gujarat, India.
We follow strict international packaging standards for export. At LKFABKART, we have been exporting our sarees collection to number of retailers, showroom owners on regular basis.
Then be patience and consistent. Give it time and your business will bloom :)